RE: I was surprised, thought I'd share...

  • From: "Hollis, Les" <Les.Hollis@xxxxxx>
  • To: <BThomas@xxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:45:35 -0600

It will eventually go away....just like logging in as svrmgrl

The started telling us in 7.2 (IIRC) that svrmgrl would eventually be
phased out and that starting with 8i, we should be using sqlplus / as
sysdba

Well, it stayed around until 9i when they no longer shipped it with the
database....

Just trying to give you ample chane to hang yourself with it.....