I deleted a library will relink recreate

  • From: "Michael McMullen" <ganstadba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 13:45:02 -0400

9.2.0.6
Solaris

We had veritas installed on the weekend to take advantage of the veritas
extension of the oracle disk manager(odm)   (new version of quick i/o). It
requires you to relink the disk manager library as follows
#rm ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/libodm9.so
#ln -s /opt/VRTSodm/lib/libodm.so ${ORACLE_HOME}
/lib/libodm9.so

now, i have to revert because they screwed up installing veritas. The revert
is as follows
#rm ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/libodm9.so
#ln -s ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/libodmd9.so ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/libodm9.so

I unfortunately deleted ${ORACLE_HOME}/lib/libodmd9.so  Will a relink all
rebuild the library. The only valid backup of the ORACLE_HOME will be from a
9.2.0.5 home as the patch was done also.

Thanks
Mike