RE: Hw is Sharelex ?

  • From: "Mark Strickland" <mstrickland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ChiragDBA@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <askdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <dba_gurus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-dba-masters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:18:14 -0700

I implemented Shareplex at a previous contract assignment for a simple
reporting database.  It was easy to implement and easy to maintain.  The
driving reason for using Shareplex was that the data model involved had
LONG columns.  A major advantage with Shareplex is that the queueing of
transactions occurs outside the database so there is less risk of space
issues if replication falls behind (the only times that Shareplex fell
behind for me was due to my own error). =20

Mark Strickland
Seattle, WA