RE: Huge import takes a long time

  • From: "Powell, Mark D" <mark.powell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:45:31 -0400

And the import parameters in use are?

-- Mark D Powell --

________________________________

From: oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kline.Michael
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 10:00 AM
To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Huge import takes a long time

I've got a massive import that takes a long time. This is one I'd love
to drop and recreate the index, but that alone would probably be almost
a terabyte, so that is out of the question.

This is a table partitioned by month and a normal partition is about
20-24GB. As it's coming in, it's getting a lot of I/O wait on the index
datafiles, but only the datafiles of that partition. The index is also
partitioned.

This is now 9.2.0.6, so just how high can you set up the buffer?

Are there any other "tricks"?

As I get to the "end" of the partition my import rate is getting to be
2-3GB per day.

Yuck!!!

Michael Kline
Database Administration
SunTrust Technology Center
1030 Wilmer Avenue
Richmond, Virginia  23227
Outside 804.261.9446
STNet 643.9446

Cell 804.744.1545
michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:michael.kline@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have
received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.

Seeing Beyond Money is a service mark of SunTrust Banks, Inc.
[ST:XCL]