Re: Huge CPU Wait spikes displayed in EM12c

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:09:00 -0500 (CDT)

Karl writes:

> CPU Wait is "unaccounted for DB Time" on high run queue or CPU intensive
> environments. This is similar to "unaccounted-for time" on 10046 trace
> which is a result of time spent of DB calls preempted (sitting the run
> queue wanting CPU but unable to get it).

I smell a learning opportunity here!  Those waits are interesting to me
because I can't find any corroborating evidence in AIX that it's an issue.
The only thing I see is mild page fault spikes, but I've yet to correlate
them with anything, as I haven't found that it's been overtly detrimental to
performance.

Then again, from the AAS screenshots in your links, our servers are on
vastly different scales.  :)

Thanks much!  That gives me the perfect bit of info I need to continue
investigating this (in my "spare" time!).

Rich