Hows is Tablespace for import determined?

  • From: "John Dunn" <jdunn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:00:25 +0100

When doing a user import, how does the import command what tablespace is
used to store the imported database objects?.

Is it determined by the contents of the export file or will it use the
default tablespace for the user into which I am importing?

Basically I am exporting a user from a database where the default tablespace
is USER and all objects for the exported are held there, but I want to
import into another database and use a different tablespace.

John Dunn
Product Consultant
Sefas Innovation Limited
Direct Dial +44 (0) 117 373 6122
www.sefas.com

PLEASE NOTE SEFAS INNOVATION HAVE MOVED TO:
Sefas Innovation Ltd, CityPoint, Temple Gate, Bristol BS1 6PL, UK.
Tel: +44(0) 117 373 6114
Fax: +44 (0) 117 373 6115
NEW DIRECT DIAL: +44 (0) 117 373 6122