Re: How to use event 10390?

  • From: Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:00:30 +0300

Hi!

> I read that the reason for my skimpy tkprof output is that I was only
> profiling the parent process and that to see statistics from the slaves
> I needed to use event 10390.  I thought that would be easy to do,
> basically the same process as event 10046, but it hasn't turned out
> that way.  I don't get a new trace file, and running tkprof on the

On which level did you run 10390 trace?
If you run it on level 1 (fist bit set), you should get only trace for
execution messages of the slave processes (appearing something like
sid_p00x.trc in your udump). With level 2 (second bit set), you'll also get
the trace for messages the coordinator sends..

But is this really what you want to know? Do you just want to see 10046
trace for your slave processes?

Tanel.