How to use Oracle Spatial with synonyn

  • From: "Eriovaldo Andrietta" <ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 22:47:48 -0200

Hi friends,

  I would like to know if everyone has or had experience using Oracle
Spatial with synonyn.
  For example, I have a schema  (SCHEMA1) where I have created my tables.
  I have another schema (SCHEMA2) that has a synonyn pointed to tables at
SCHEMA1. Note, the table has SDO_GEOMETRY and spatial index.
  When I run a package connected as SCHEMA2 to insert data, the Oracle
generate error because it does not recognize the spatial index created in
the SCHEMA1.
 I also applied grant SELECT on spatial indexes to SCHEMA2.

 Any idea to solve this issue.

Best Regards
Eriovaldo