Re: How to setup LDAP

  • From: Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 10:10:41 -0800 (PST)

>>> The user administration and global authentication portion WAS NOT
FREE.

That's almost correct. When 10g was introduced, the ASO license was refactored
such that EE now includes password-based Enterprise User Security. If you want
certificate-based security, that still requires the ASO option to be licensed.
I'm not sure that the price list shows that very well, but it is verifiable--I
think it's in the docs where they show the features and options list and what
editions they're available in.

Dan