Re: How to set time difference limit between RAC nodes in 10g

  • From: Lu Jiang <lu.jiang69@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 21:15:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I just want to share with you. I am in a RAC training class this week, the
instructor is very knowledgeable. I asked the same question and He told me that
Oracle should evict the node if time difference is big than 5 minutes, and the
5 minutes limit is set internally, it can not be adjusted.

We have NTP configured, but one of the node does not synchronize its time with
NTP server, looks it only sync its time while rebooting. All other RAC
nodes which seems have the same configuration but synchronize their time
perfectly. This is 10g db on Windows environment. Any thoughts on this. Also I
have submitted a SR, hope i can get some update soon.

Thanks,
Lu

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>