Re: How to send e-mail from Oracle

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Subbiah, Nagarajan" <Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 18:05:28 +0000

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 12:42:53 -0500, Subbiah, Nagarajan
<Nagarajan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We are using both Oracle 9.2.0.5  and Oracle 8.1.7.4 on HP-UX 11.11. We have
> the sendmail running on the server which I believe communicate to our
> Exchange mail server and  I am using the 'mailx' command on the unix machine
> to send the e-mail.

Well then, I'd be looking at UTL_SMTP, trying to generalize the
package as much as possible and sending via the exchange mail relay
(never can understand why UNIX folk put a sendmail server everywhere).
I honestly thought that I'd put an example of this up on my site, but
I haven't. I will tomorrow (half-life 2 beckons now) , but in the
meantime google is your friend.
--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA