RE: How to search on LONG datatype column

  • From: "Gogala, Mladen" <Mladen.Gogala@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'dba.orcl@xxxxxxxxx'" <dba.orcl@xxxxxxxxx>, Oracle Discussion List <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:54:29 -0400

Try "CONTAINS". You will need to install intermedia, create preferences
and index those LONG columns. Oracle*Intermedia is not free software,
it has to be purchased. If you don't want to purchase Intermedia, you can
convert LONG columns into BFILE and use egrep or perl. Good luck with that.

--
Mladen Gogala
A & E TV Network