Re: How to rename ASM disk?

  • From: Reed Hammond <rmhammond723@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:22:24 -0600

Have you looked into the .../oracleasm renamedisk command. This will give
you the warning about not changing the label on any disk that is in use as
it is very dangerous but it also tells you to use the force-renamedisk
command if you are sure the disk is not in use and you want to change the
label.

I am not certain this is what you are looking for. I have used this command
on 11.2.0.2 and 11.2.0.3 clusters.