RE: How to obtain session-specific memory dumps?

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:50:35 -0500

If it helps any, I found in my notes how to dump various memory sections
you referenced:

-- To dump PGA, SGA, and/or UGA information.
ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS 'immediate TRACE NAME global_area LEVEL
<level>';

level 1: pga
2: sga
3: pga+sga
4: uga
5: pga+uga
6: sga+uga
7: pga+sga+uga

ALTER SESSION SET EVENTS 'immediate TRACE NAME heapdump LEVEL <level>';

level 1: PGA
2: SGA
4: UGA
8: CGA - current all
16: CGA - user call
32: large pool

I'm sure I got this from Tanel or some other Oracle guru.

David C. Herring  | DBA, Acxiom Database Services

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 cell | 630-944-4989 fax
1501 Opus Pl | Downers Grove, IL, 60515 | U.S.A. | www.acxiom.com