RE: How to map processes to devices -- URGENT!

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F \(LABOR\)" <Thomas.Mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:19:02 -0400

David is correct.

Fuser the database file and it will give you a list of unix pid's that
are using the file.

Lookup the pid's and you can trace it back to an Oracle connection.

This transmission may contain confidential, proprietary, or privileged
information which is intended solely for use by the individual or entity to
whom it is addressed.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this
transmission or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  In addition,
unauthorized access to this transmission may violate federal or State law,
including the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1985.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by
return e-mail and delete the transmission and its attachments.