RE: How to know the problem is overheating in the hardware

  • From: "Kennedy, Jim" <jim_kennedy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 07:23:54 -0700

It is a general problem.  We had it a few years ago at a customer site.
(another job) The disk drive would corrupt data.  It generally took 4 or 5
hours until the problem showed up.  Since we were trying to diagnose the
problem remotely and couldn't see and feel what was going on heat wasn't
appearant.  THe room was cold, but the machines were arranged so the server was
blocked from the air flow.  It is quite common now for servers to come with a
temp sensor.  You then have software to tell you when things are going awry.
Jim