Re: How to justify a Database Shutdown

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 21:06:02 +1100

Guillermo Alan Bort wrote,on my timestamp of 19/01/2009 8:32 PM:

    On the other hand, there are a few queries with over 500
executions/day that perform a full table scan on a 19M records

Hmmmm, we have a few dozen a day on a table
with 2.7 *billion* rows and that instance stays up for
months...

More than likely that problem - if indeed there is one - can
be solved with a flush of the shared pool at a convenient idle point.
I can't think of an instance where anyone would need to
"recycle" - that is such an inappropriate term - an Oracle instance
in Unix that is not in memory or cpu shortage.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto