Re: How to install Oracle 10g RAC on OEL Linux 5 using VmWare?

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dave <david.best@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:53:29 -0500

Yes, I tried it once in VMware workstation, and it kept on telling me
clustering was not supported.  Which meant it would not let you share one
drive between two workstations.

You can do it in vmware workstation if you set up a 3rd workstation as the
NAS server.  Like I said, I set it up in vmware workstation using 2 OEL
workstations, and 1 openfiler workstation.  Its not too hard, and gives you
a much better feel for what a production RAC installtion is like.

--
Andrew W. Kerber