Re: How to identify large transactions

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:06:44 -0000

Look at v$transaction -
    used_ublk, used_urec    undo blocks and records used
for updates that are not array-based, each
record is roughly equivalent to one change
to a table or index block.  For example,
if you update one row, changing non-null columns
that are in three indexes, you will get 7 undo
records:
    One for the table, two for each index.

The view also has
    start_time
to tell you when the transaction started, and
    ses_addr
to get you back to the owning session (v$session.saddr)

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Public Appearances - schedule updated Dec 23rd 2004