Re: How to force HTML for MOS

  • From: Adric Norris <spikey.mcmarbles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:47:06 -0600

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:22, Rich Jesse
<rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I just tried the HTML MOS -- not bad, but I think I actually prefer [gulp]
> the Flashy version for now, if only because I couldn't get *any*
> information
> to be returned via the HTML interface.

You probably just need to reset the search filter... there's an icon just to
the right of the search field.  For some reason mine was defaulted to a
java-related filter, which did a pretty effective job of preventing any
results from being returned.

That is, of course, assuming that you can get to it in the first place. :(
It was working for me earlier today, but at present I'm getting:

WARNING: There is a problem with the Call Center back-end and it is
currently not available. Some features on this page are temporarily
disabled.

Apparently "some features" is code for "the whole darned thing".

> If you want to go back to the Trash (when Adobe addresses Linux performance
> of their proprietary wares, I'll change my moniker) version, just add
> "oracle.com" to the whitelist on the Flashblock plugin option page and
> reload the MOS intro page.

It seems simpler to just bookmark the HTML site, which is
https://supporthtml.oracle.com/... that allows you to easily select either
version without reconfiguration.  Also, I'd also suggest whitelisting "
support.oracle.com" instead, but that's largely a matter of personal
preference.

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.