How to force HTML for MOS

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 10:22:40 -0600 (CST)

Hey all,

I just tried the HTML MOS -- not bad, but I think I actually prefer [gulp]
the Flashy version for now, if only because I couldn't get *any* information
to be returned via the HTML interface.  But I digress.  If you'd like to see
the HTML version, here's what I did:

Requirements

  -- Firefox 3.x (I'm using 3.5.5)
  -- Flashblock Firefox plugin (I'm using 1.5.11.2)

Yes, that's it.  When the Flash is blocked, an ominous red error is
displayed along with a small link on the right-hand side of the MOS intro
page (prior to login, obviously).  The link is titled "Use My Oracle Support
non-flash option" under the heading of "Having trouble with Flash?  Try
these tips:".

If you want to go back to the Trash (when Adobe addresses Linux performance
of their proprietary wares, I'll change my moniker) version, just add
"oracle.com" to the whitelist on the Flashblock plugin option page and
reload the MOS intro page.

Perhaps this will help someone.  Not for me, but I like options.

HTH!  GL!

Rich