Re: How to find various Oracle Installed in Aix

  • From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:16:15 -0700

On 7/12/07, Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got one AIX server where I want to check as what are the Oracle
installed in it. Is there I can get this information from any Log. There is
not oratab in /etc or /var/opt/oracle. Is it possible with OraInst.loc.
Anyway I am even not sure that OraInst.loc was ever removed for any new
installation as this is Dev Server which is not good practice.

YAWTDI:

If AIX has fuser and nmap, you can check the ports in use in the 1500-1599
range
and see what is running on them.

Using localhost should help you fly under the radar...

for p in $(nmap -sT -p1500-1599 localhost  | grep 'tcp open'| cut -f1 -d\/)
do
       for p2 in $(fuser -n tcp $p)
       do
               ps -fea | grep $p2 | grep -v grep