RE: How to find out the segments (whether it is table or index) at the end of each datafile in a tablespace.

  • From: "Holvoet, Jo" <jo.holvoet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <denis.sun@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Anurag Verma" <anuragdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:42:39 +0100

Something else to remember that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet : the
recyclebin, if turned on, can also get in your way in these situations.

Table sys.recyclebin$ will help you there (unless there's a better way ?) :

select file#                   f,
       max(block# + space - 1) hwm
from sys.recyclebin$
group by file#

Of course if you're reorganizing, just purging the recyclebin shouldn't be an
issue.

mvg / regards,
Jo Holvoet