RE: How to determine when a particular schema was created within a database.

  • From: "Bobak, Mark" <Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "murrays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <murrays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:36:41 -0400

What Brandon posted is probably the best you can do, at least without some sort
of audit trail, which, if you're asking the question after the fact, is
probably not available.

However, it's really not sufficient.

I could create object A today, object B tomorrow, and drop object A the day
after tomorrow.  Then, Brandon's query will return yesterday's date, rather
than the day before yesterday.

There's no good, obvious way around this, that I can see.  I'm just pointing
out a possible weakness in the strategy.

-Mark