Re: How to determine the values for database events that have been set?

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:39:39 -0500

Here is a litle something that might help:

declare
event_level number;
begin
for i in 10000..10999 loop
sys.dbms_system.read_ev(i,event_level);
if (event_level > 0) then
dbms_output.put_line('Event '||to_char(i)||' set at level '||
to_char(event_level));
end if;
end loop;
end;
/
SQL> alter session set events='10046 trace name context forever, level 10';

Session altered.

SQL> @read_events
Event 10046 set at level 10

This, of course, reads events for the current session, but if events are set on
a database level, that means that they're set for each session.  Needless to
say, you need to be able to execute sys.dbms_system, which means the DBA role.

On 03/01/2004 01:20:41 AM, "Kaing, Leng" wrote:
> Hello again, everyone,
>
> Can someone please tell me how to determine the values for events that have
> been set for the database?
>
> eg. if I had issued this statement on one of my databases, how would I
> confirm at a later date that it has been set?
> alter system set events '32333 trace name context forever, level 8';
>
> Can't find it in v$parameter or the likes.  Interested in 8i, but would also
> be interested to see if it becomes available in later version too.
>
> TIA,
>
> Leng.

> Leng Kaing
> Email: leng.kaing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx