Re: How to delete OracleDBConsoleSID service

  • From: "Radoulov, Dimitre" <cichomitiko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:32:15 +0200

Hi Juan,

1) delsrv oracledbconsole%1 works the same thatn instsrv.exe
and that metalink note don't says nothing about  this specific server.

I've always used this sequence/utilities to remove the oracle SW without problems, so for me this is the best practice (never used delsrv personally).

2) I don't want to delete all oracle, else only the database to install

I would use dbca->remove database first. If after this operation the DBConsoleSID service is still present, I would use instsrv/delsrv.

Regards,
Dimitre Radoulov

----- Original Message ----- From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <juancarlosreyesp@xxxxxxxxx>
Thanks Dimitre, but 1) delsrv oracledbconsole%1 works the same thatn instsrv.exe and that metalink note don't says nothing about this specific server.

2) I don't want to delete all oracle, else only the database to install