Re: How to change ASM instance SYS password

  • From: Phil Jones <phillipjones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Sarah_Chen@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:26:00 +0000

Hi,

I don't have a Unix box with 10g handy to check on, but on my windows
box there is a password file in the %ORACLE_HOME%\database directory
called PWD+ASM.ORA

Use orapwd to change the password, for example:

orapwd file=PWD+ASM.ora password=ASM123 force=y

To find it on unix should just be a case of:

find $ORACLE_HOME -name "PWD+ASM.ora" -print

I'm guessing it'll be in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs

Cheers,

Phil