RE: How to calculate the size of a transaction?

  • From: "Mandal, Ashoke" <ashoke.k.mandal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:01:10 -0600

Hi Stephane,

One of my customer uses some application and this application inserts one row
to some tables and multiple rows to some of the tables as part one single
transaction. We know the list of the tables and the common key id, which can be
used to identify all the rows in all of these tables related to this key id. He
is asking how much space in bytes are used to store the data inserted as part
of this transaction. How can I get the actual size of a row in all of these
tables. Then I can probably add the row size from all the affected tables to
get the size of the transaction.

I hope this explains my requirement better.

Thanks,
Ashoke