Re: How to avoid an index that is part of a view

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:30:07 -0400

that was due to syntax error ...

you need

/*+ no_index(view_alias.table_alias_inside_view_definition,
index_name_you_wish_to_avoid) */

Raj

On 8/18/06, oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I have tried the full hint, no_index hint but I believe that because the table is not directly part of the query and is part of the view being referenced in the query, therefore, the hints have had no impact