Re: How to Move ASM Home

  • From: John Smith <john40855@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 09:46:38 -0600

Yes, I managed to do it, initially to 10.2.0.4, then I went ahead and moved
ASM only to 11.1.0.7.  It went very smoothly.  Its possible that that srvctl
10.2.0.2 doesnt like that option.  Though you might make sure you are using
lower case (made that mistake once).  Also, there are bugs in ASM 10.2.0.3
and prior, so I would go at least to 10.2.0.4 for ASM.  There was an issue
with utl_file on 11.1.0.7, but it was minor and easy to work around.

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx