Re: How to Learn DB Designing

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sandeep.b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 14:23:34 -0300

I'm working towards the same target, and my approach was to read a lot and
to get a hang of it by designing my own (small) applications and develop
them (that's why I learned APEX in the first place). First of all I'd
recommend you learn data model normalization... Then, get to amazon and find
a few good books on database modeling and if you want to get in real deep,
get something by CJ Date (thanks Ram) or Applied Mathematics for Database
Professionals, which is by itself not very practical, but the knowledge in
there could help you understand the inner workings of the database.

hth
cheers
Alan.-