RE: How move SYSTEM, TEMP and UNDOTBS1

  • From: "Tirumala, Surendra (Education Cabinet)" <Surendra.Tirumala@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <cemail_219@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 08:41:02 -0500

I am sure you are asking about how to move these TSs while db is up and
running..but it is not possible...
My only option would be:
1) Shutdown the db
2) move(cp could be safe thing to do, so that files at source locations will
also be retained, just in case) the datafiles associated with SYSTEM and
UNDOTBS1 tablespaces to new mount points
3) Startup db mount
4) issue 'alter database datafile rename <file name>;' for all the above
datafiles.
5) drop and recreate TEMP ts
6) alter database open

Thanks,