How many are using clustered tables?

  • From: "z b" <zimsbait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 14:15:37 -0400

Hey Listers,

Just wanted to see how many folks actually implement clusters as
storage objects in their databases? I
wanted to consider them for co-locating data, but with IOT's or
periodic large CTAS/order by  as "modern"
alternatives, I'm wondering how these fit into folks designs. FWIW -
I'm not talking about the internal
clusters Oracle uses in the dictionary. I'm more curious to see how
many decided to build these out
on their own to solve a particular design issue.

If you wanted to share, I'd be curious to hear about the issue they
solved - without giving away any
trade secrets, of course.

-