Re: How does EM12c calculate tablespace freespace?

  • From: sumit Tyagi <dba.tyagisumit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 00:27:23 +0530

dba_tablespace_usage_metrics is used by em and it takes filesystem also
into consideration i guess . Like if you have autoextended a datafile to
say 32 Gb with initial size of 1GB , but filesystem is having only 16GB you
will get alert .

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 9:51 PM, Rich Jesse <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wrote:

I should clarify, the issue has nothing to do with OEM, it's completely
within the database, OEM just relies on this view that is incorrect.

Thanks Scott and Mladen. My initial investigation included some
boneheadedness on the uncaffeinated DBA's part, but the actual results are
similar. If anything, the SYS.X$KTTETS data underlying the
DBA_TABLESPACE_USAGE_METRICS view appears to be understated rather than
overstated.

But at least I have a clear path to see what's going on. Thanks again!

Rich

*--*
*BR*
*Sumit Tyagi*