Re: How do you feel about allowing non-DBA's on your database servers?

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jeremy.Sheehan@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 10:44:27 -0500

The only people that should have access to the production servers are
systems admins and dba's.  And some people dont want to let the DBA's on.
There is no way the general user should have access.  I can see it now...
36 support guys trying figure out why the system is slowing down, each one
of them running top...

There are also serious SOX compliance issues, but if you are not publicly
held SOX does not apply.  Had you considered running a single real time
display somewhere so they can see what is going on, but cant log on
individually?

--
Andrew W. Kerber