Re: How do you feel about allowing non-DBA's on your database servers?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 21:00:58 +1000

Martin Berger wrote,on my timestamp of 28/07/2009 5:11 AM:
has anyone ever tried to revert the game?

You betcha!

I constantly request code instrumentation on enterprise level from the developers. This can provide operations staff with the ability to trace enough informations so dev does not need access to prod systems in >90%. As a good example I show them sql_trace.

Bingo!

After such a discussion, development is silent most of the time.

Same here. Works every time.

Has anyone seen a development implementing really useable trace environments?

No.  And it shuts them off real quick!
;)

--
Cheers