Re: How do folks do quick Oracle installation - Oracle 10gR2

  • From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pradeep.Chetal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 19:39:52 -0300

well, I have a few response files handy and have written a small shell
script (that because of a NDA I can't publish) that goes to a
pre-defined directory and applies all the one-off patches in that
directory (I just have them gzipped, and the shell gunzips, installs
and gzips again) This shell took me all of twenty minutes to write, so
I reckon that anyone should be able to do it. The main issue, though,
is the response files for OUI (basically I have one for basic install,
one for patchset and custom scripts for network and database
configuration) Mind you, this is a a highly standardized environment,
so this is rather easy.

hth
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional