Re: How can I identify the database

  • From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rajaram Subramanian <rajaram.subramanian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:10:49 -0300

Great,

There are lot of tables that constains data related to product database.
My actual issue is:

 I have a script that creates index, so , I cannot create BITPMAP index when
the instance is Oracle Express.
 My idea was:
   a.) identify the product database
   b.) is it Oracle Express then
        CREATE INDEX I_001  ON ....
        if different from Oracle Express then
        CREATE BITMAP INDEX I_001 ON ...

 In fact I need to identify the product only for solving the script
mentioned above.

 I also had the following idea:
    a.) create the BITMAP index and try to use it.
         If I got error using it  THEN
           DROP INDEX I_001 ...
           CREATE INDEX I_001 ...  (no bitmap)
         END