Re: How can I identify the database

  • From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ecandrietta@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:57:42 +0300

Either from v$version, which seems to be accessible by public.
Or using Sqlplus
When connected to enterprise edition it explicitly says so:
Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 - Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

When connected to standard edition it doesn't say anything:
Connected to:
Oracle Database 11g Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production

When connected to express edition it also explicitly says so, but
unfortunately I haven't any instance handy. But you will notice that
;)

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu