RE: How can I get the BBED password?

  • From: "Guerra, Abraham J" <AGUERRA@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 13:30:19 -0500

Hello Lex,

These are the dumps:

Dump1: I inserted 5 rows to a table with only 1 filed (number) and
deleted the middle three rows.  See how the offsets start from the
bottom of the block:

0x12:pri[0]     offs=3D0x1f9a
0x14:pri[1]     offs=3D0x1f94
0x16:pri[2]     offs=3D0x1f8e
0x18:pri[3]     offs=3D0x1f88
0x1a:pri[4]     offs=3D0x1f82
block_row_dump:
tab 0, row 0, @0x1f9a
tl: 6 fb: --H-FL-- lb: 0x0  cc: 1
col  0: [ 2]  c1 02
tab 0, row 1, @0x1f94
tl: 2 fb: --HDFL-- lb: 0x2
tab 0, row 2, @0x1f8e
tl: 2 fb: --HDFL-- lb: 0x2
tab 0, row 3, @0x1f88
tl: 2 fb: --HDFL-- lb: 0x2
tab 0, row 4, @0x1f82
tl: 6 fb: --H-FL-- lb: 0x0  cc: 1
col  0: [ 2]  c1 06

Now dump2, when I inserted 1000 rows, slots 1,2 and 3 were reused but
the space offset was not:

0xe:pti[0]      nrow=3D660        offs=3D0
0x12:pri[0]     offs=3D0x1f9a
0x14:pri[1]     offs=3D0xdfb
0x16:pri[2]     offs=3D0xdf4
0x18:pri[3]     offs=3D0xded
0x1a:pri[4]     offs=3D0x1f82
0x1c:pri[5]     offs=3D0x1f7c
0x1e:pri[6]     offs=3D0x1f76
0x20:pri[7]     offs=3D0x1f70
0x22:pri[8]     offs=3D0x1f6a
0x24:pri[9]     offs=3D0x1f64
0x26:pri[10]    offs=3D0x1f5e
0x28:pri[11]    offs=3D0x1f58

It was until it got to the 656 insert that it started to reuse the
record slots deleted but it did not reuse the record space...

SQL> select * from foo where rownum < 10;

        A1
----------
         1
       656
       657
       658
         5
         1
         2
         3
         4

So, my question is: what happened to space from 0x1f94 to 0x1f88???  I
wanted to use bbed to see what kind of data is there...

Thanks.

Abraham