RE: How best to get Oracle to divulge "proprietary information"

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 07:35:01 +0800

Quoting Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I think it would be reasonable for Oracle to publish bug descriptions for
> every bug, removing customer information.

Absolutely.  Couldn't care less who the customer is.  The
bug will probably be in a table somewhere, implement a
view for the text only.  Or to a summary.  That's all we need.

One of the many advantages of the open source mob is that
all their known bugs are easily accessible.  Regardless
of any info about who hit them.  I can't believe it is
beyond Oracle to find a similar solution...

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto