Re: How To Run Unix Applications From The Database

  • From: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: srcdco@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 09:59:01 -0400

Hi Scott,

I am using Oracle scheduler (job_type => 'EXECUTABLE'). It is working
without any issue.

- Mayen

From:   "Scott Canaan" <srcdco@xxxxxxx>
To:     "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   10/07/2010 09:30 AM
Subject:        How To Run Unix Applications From The Database
Sent by:        oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

   I need to be able to call a unix program or script from PL/SQL,
particularly from a trigger.  There must be a way to do this, but I can’t
find anything in the Oracle documentation, other than running from
SQL*Plus.  I can’t use SQL*Plus, it has to be a stored procedure /
function in the database.  Is there a package that would work for this?
   This needs to work for both Oracle 10g and 11g.

Thank you,

Scott Canaan '88 (Scott.Canaan@xxxxxxx)
(585) 475-7886 – work           (585) 339-8659 - cell
"Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it depends on what you put into
it." - Tom Lehrer.