Re: Hint for in memory temporary table?

  • From: Jurijs Velikanovs <j.velikanovs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:41:23 +0000

Why do you think your temporary table went to disk?
Where you think data in a temporary table physically located?

I'm not sure on that, but I would guess that GTT data stored in sessions PGA.
If it true that presumably sort_arrea_size can have some effect on how
long Oracle will try to keep GTT data in the memory.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

On 1/13/06, Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, just something that will force my global temporary table session
> segment to stay in memory, instead of going to tempfile.
>
> On 1/13/06, Tanel Põder <tanel.poder.003@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Are you talking about materialize hint?
> >
> > Tanel.

Jurijs