High mbrc in aux_stats$

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:44:25 -0700

Anybody seen this before?

Oracle 9.2.0.5 on AIX 5.2:

SQL> show parameter db_file_multiblock_read_count

NAME                                 TYPE        VALUE
------------------------------------ ----------- -----
db_file_multiblock_read_count        integer     16

execute dbms_stats.gather_system_stats('START');

. . . run batch jobs for 8 minutes . . .

execute dbms_stats.gather_system_stats('STOP');

SQL> select * from sys.aux_stats$;

SNAME                          PNAME                               PVAL1 PVAL2
------------------------------ ------------------------------ ----------
----------------
SYSSTATS_INFO                  STATUS
COMPLETED
SYSSTATS_INFO                  DSTART
03-10-2006 14:22
SYSSTATS_INFO                  DSTOP
03-10-2006 14:30
SYSSTATS_INFO                  FLAGS                                   1
SYSSTATS_MAIN                  SREADTIM                            3.864
SYSSTATS_MAIN                  MREADTIM                           10.811
SYSSTATS_MAIN                  CPUSPEED                              546
SYSSTATS_MAIN                  MBRC                                   97
<----???
SYSSTATS_MAIN                  MAXTHR                            2957312
SYSSTATS_MAIN                  SLAVETHR                               -1

Notice the MBRC figure of 97 even though I have
db_file_multiblock_read_count=16.  I searched Metalink for bugs and known
issues but no luck.  I guess the next step is to peform a 10046 trace and check
the p3 value for all the 'db file scattered reads', but I figured I'd check to
see if any of you have already seen this before I go to that trouble.

Thanks,
Brandon