RE: High "global cache blocks lost" statistics on one RAC node

  • From: <Ravi_Kulkarni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:22:27 -0500

Amir,

Does your netstat -i list any non-zero values for RX-ERR / TX-ERR for
any of the nodes ?

Also netstat -s for UDP should have negligible errors. Check both
netstat -i & -s for BOTH instances. (Switches may vary with your *nix.
Following is on Linux)

$ netstat -i
Kernel Interface table
Iface       MTU Met    RX-OK RX-ERR RX-DRP RX-OVR    TX-OK TX-ERR TX-DRP
TX-OVR Flg
bond1      1500   0 16359630      0      0      0 16963867      0      0
0 BMmRU

$netstat -s
..
Udp: