High "global cache blocks lost" statistics on one RAC node

  • From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <racdba@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:38:26 -0400

I have a two-node RAC running an 11i-ebusiness suite (11.5.9/9.2.0.6
64-bit).  I am seeing the following from Statspack:

Inst    Statistic                                             Total
per Second    per Trans
-----   ---------------------------------------- ------------------
-------------- ------------
1.      global cache blocks lost                                 28
0.0          0.0
2.      global cache blocks lost                              4,410
2.7          0.9

We are using three giga-bit private interconnects going through a
switch. This does not see like an interconnect issue otherwise, I think,
I would have seen a higher number on the 1 node as well.

Any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks
Amir