Re: High Memory Usage

  • From: Adric Norris <landstander668@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 08:42:21 -0500

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 02:23, LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> since its solaris you could try run prstat -a, this will show you the
> memory consumed by each OS user

That brings back some fun memories. :)  I once had a SysAdmin complain that
Oracle was using 100% of the memory on a Sun box, which was equipped with 64
GB of physical memory and configured for 8 GB of swap space.  The "prstat
-a" output, which he helpfully included in his email, clearly showed Oracle
consuming 1.5 TB of memory.

Needless to say, that command has absolutely no knowledge of shared memory.

--
"I'm too sexy for my code." -Awk Sed Fred