Re: Hiding data model

  • From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: singh.bedi@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 18:40:25 +0530

Hello Harmandeep,

Hiding data model could not be implemented through VPD. I knew of a product
which used to have place holder names instead of real tables and columns so
that outsiders can't understand the table names or column names

e.g

create table emp
(
emp_id number,
ename varchar2(100),
hire_date date,
dept_id number)

would have a table structure similar to

create table T001
(
T1 number,
T2 varchar2(100),
T3 date,
T4 number)

biggest problem was training the newer folks in the development team to
understand them and over a period it overweighs the benefit of hiding

hope it helps

best regards

sriram