Re: Hibernate and After-Insert trigger

  • From: "Paul Drake" <bdbafh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lucdemanche@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:21:00 -0500

On 11/21/06, Luc Demanche <lucdemanche@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Oracle9i - Hibernate

We have a weird problem here with Hibernate and Oracle triggers ....

When I insert manually into the table, the after-insert trigger is
firing.
When the insert come from Hibernate, it look like the trigger is not
firing .....

Do you have any clue ?

Thanks
Luc

--
Luc Demanche
Oracle DBA

Luc,

Check out the AskTom site for yo-yo updating.
Tom used a logging call via an autonomous transaction to determine when
triggers were in fact firing. The post of interest involved a large update
statement nearly completing, being rolled back and being restarted all
within a single update statement.

Paul