Hi,

  • From: "Dennis Cutshall" <DennisCutshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:02:49 -0500

Hi,

We have a mixed environment of SQL Server and Oracle.  Because of this, we now have a need to transfer table data between them.  This would be on a continuing basis, probably on off-peak hours.  Our preference would be to have the Oracle side drive the process, that is, Oracle pulling table data from SQL Server.  Is anyone currently doing this, and would pass on information on how it is done?  We know about Migration Workbench, but that is more for a one-time conversion than a scheduled nightly routine.  Any information or tips would be appreciated.

Dennis

Dennis Cutshall
Data Base Administrator
University of North Dakota ITSS